November 3, 2020 – Solganick & Co. issues its latest Healthcare IT M&A Update for Q2 2020.
You can download the full report here: Solganick & Co. – Healthcare IT Quarterly – Q2 2020
The following summarizes the report:
- There is continued interest in M&A from both private equity and strategic acquirers, but with a sharper focus on valuation and strategic opportunity.
- Beneficiaries of new environment are emerging in immediate term, while significant challenges remain for many industry participants.
- M&A volume accelerated over the course of the quarter, while VC funding and IPO activity continue to be strong.
- Macro-level trends remain relevant
Consumerism driven by increased patient financial exposure and enhanced availability of information.
- Willingness and desire by patients to receive more care in outpatient, at-home and electronic settings.
- Continued shift towards value-based payment environment will create new business opportunities.
- Large players aggressively expanding organically and through acquisition, and will continue to disrupt the industry in many ways (e.g., Amazon, Walmart).
- Demographic tailwinds for the industry as a whole (i.e., increased care utilization due to aging of baby boom generation).
Healthcare IT Index: Valuation Multiples by Quarter
Solganick & Co.’s Healthcare Investment Banking team consists of experienced investment bankers that have deep industry domain experience, relationships, and transaction expertise.
For more information, please contact us.