Los Angeles, CA – August 17, 2018 – Solganick & Co. issues its latest Artificial Intelligence (AI) M&A and VC Funding update for H1 2018. The following highlights the report, which can be downloaded here: Solganick Co Artificial Intelligence MnA Update H1 2018
- Total US Artificial Intelligence M&A deals are on pace to hit 131 acquisitions by the end of 2018, a 14% increase from 2017.
- Artificial Intelligence M&A multiples have been scarce, but A2iA was acquired for approximately $58m, or 29x EBITDA, by Mitek Systems.
- VC funding for Artificial Intelligence continues to grow signaling an increase in investor confidence. Artificial Intelligence VC funding totaled $4.2B for H1 2018, a 77% increase compared to H1 2017’s total of $$2.38B. The large increase in VC funding signals a long-term increase in Artificial Intelligence M&A activity.
10 top tech companies currently investing and acquiring in AI include:
NVIDIA and Nuance
A few highlighted M&A and VC transactions within the AI sector include:
- Salesforce Signs Definite Agreement to Acquire Datorama
- S&P Global Completes Acquisition of Kensho
- Alibaba Joins $600M Round For Chinese AI Facial Recognition Start-up Megvii
- SenseTime Closes $620M Series C+ round with Alibaba & Qualcomm
To review the complete report, go here: Solganick Co Artificial Intelligence MnA Update H1 2018
For more information or to inquire about an M&A transaction within the Artificial Intelligence sector, please contact us.