July 10, 2017 – Solganick & Co. has issued its latest Digital Media M&A Update for Q2 2017. You can download the full report here: Solganick – Q2 2017 Digital Media Report
The following summarizes the highlights of the report:
- Global M&A activity in Q2 2017 was USD $793.9 billion – deal value increased by 6.36% compared to Q1 2017.
- The first six months of 2017 proved the middle market’s most productive first half in 10 years, inking 5,620 deals, according to Thompson Reuters.
- Global M&A activity has been motivated by limited organic growth options and the need to address the business model transformation that is occurring across industries. Example: Amazon’s acquisition of Whole Foods Market.
- The total Digital Media M&A deal value in Q2 2017 was USD $3.82 billion – an increase of 33.10% compared to Q1 2017. The total number of deals fell by 21.12% to a total of 56 deals. The average deal value in Q2 2017 was USD $68.21 million.
- Ad Tech made up the largest portion of the Digital Media sector with 57.14% of deal count and 72.77% of the deal volume in Q2 2017. The deal count for eCommerce was 14 – accounting for 25% of all digital media deals in Q2 2017.
- Strategic buyers accounted for 58.37% of the deal volume and a total deal value of USD $2.23 billion.
- EV/Revenue Multiples Range: 1.02x to 4.09x
You can download the complete report here: Solganick – Q2 2017 Digital Media Report
Solganick & Co. is a Technology and Digital Media focused M&A Advisor and Investment Banking firm. For more information regarding a transaction or the digital media industry sector, please contact us.