May 23, 2019 – (Los Angeles) – Solganick & Co. has published its latest Learning and Education Technology (EdTech) M&A Update for Q1 2019. The following summarizes the report:
- 106 Learning & Education Technology transactions were announced in Q1 2019; approximately 53% were minority PE deals.
- $5.8 billion in Q1 2019 in announced transaction value is driven by PE majority deals.
- Companies focused on the Corporate market comprised of approximately 45% of transactions announced in Q1 2019.
- The industry saw a healthy mix of activity across all domains in Q1 2019, with Career & Recruiting comprising 25%, Learning and Training 17%, Administrative 17%, Tutoring, Training & Certification 14% of total transactions.
- Q1 2019 deals announced include the $1.75 billion Turnitin.com acquisition by Advance Publications and Reverence Capital Partners acquisition of Blackbaud’s Transact division for $700M.
The full report can be accessed and downloaded here: Solganick Learning and EdTech M&A Update Q1 2019
For more information or to inquire about an M&A transaction, contact Solganick & Co.