August 1, 2017 – Solganick & Co. issues new Artificial Intelligence (AI) M&A and VC Funding Update for Q2 and YTD 2017.
You can download the complete report here: Solganick & Co Artificial Intelligence M&A Update – Q2 and YTD 2017
The following summarizes the report:
- The total capital invested in Artificial Intelligence (AI) companies has already reached an all-time high of $22.9 Billion this year at a deal count of 914.
- Q1’17 maintains the most active AI M&A quarter status in terms of deal volume as Q2’17 registers lesser number of deals. Overall deal activity is up both YoY as well as quarterly when compared to previous years.
- As Venture Funding continues to increase, 2017 saw an exponential growth in AI M&A activity as well as PE funding in terms of the total capital investment. An increase in the early stage and late stage VC funding as compared to previous years suggests a positive M&A market in the future.
- Investments in Artificial Intelligence from the Middle East increased steeply in 2017 as the year also witnessed a dip in capital from the States.
- Israel- the reason behind the spike in Middle East investments – represents 26.33% of the capital invested in AI. The United States continues to hold a strong 49.43% of the total share.
- Google is the most active acquirer in the AI space along with Apple, Facebook, Intel, Microsoft and Twitter as the top active companies.
Solganick & Co. is an independent investment bank and M&A advisory firm focused exclusively on the technology and digital media industry sectors. For more information, please contact us.
Solganick & Co.
Los Angeles: 515 S. Flower Street, Ste 3600, Los Angeles, CA 90071
San Francisco: 71 Stevenson St., Ste 400, San Francisco, CA 94105
Phone: +1 (310) 684-3130